Job Type: Full-time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Are you interested in applying your technology skills for the public good? We are looking for a smart, passionate, and purpose-driven individual to join our team. Cybera is a not-for-profit agency whose mission is to improve the lives of Albertans through the use and advancement of technology, digital literacy and digital best practices. We serve the province’s education, enterprise, research and government sectors.
Cybera is looking for a project manager to join the team in Calgary. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with strong core skills in project management who is adept at working with virtual teams. The Project Manager works closely with all Cybera departments and is responsible for project planning, execution and evaluation from original concept through to final implementation. The individual will be responsible for managing a diverse array of projects as well as relationships with external stakeholders. The workload is highly dynamic and consequently, the project manager must possess great flexibility and be able to meet tight deadlines under short notice. If you eat and breathe technology and are a team player that thrives in a fast-changing, multi-hat-wearing environment, please introduce yourself!
Must have Skills and Experience:
- Proven results oriented project manager with experience managing projects from initiation to closure
- Must be able to demonstrate from past experience the ability to handle all phases of the project life cycle including working with cross-functional, multi-project team resources to ensure business processes and technical solutions are successfully delivered on time and on budget
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively interact with internal departments, governments, funders, and project sponsors and partners
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience preparing reports with analyzed metrics for funding agencies and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision making skills
- A strong affinity for technology and learning new technology quickly
- Possess a reputation for resourcefulness
- Strong sense of accountability, transparency and initiative
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experienced with project and funding proposal writing
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience as a project manager
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a product owner on an Agile team
- Understanding of cloud computing (eg. OpenStack)
- PMP certification or in progress
How to Apply:
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Send a resume and cover letter with your thoughts on why you would be a great addition to our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, forward-thinking company that is working to make Alberta a leader in innovation, disruption, and the ethical use of new technologies. Flexible work times, great benefits and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.