Job Type: Full-time contract until March 31, 2020, open for extension
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Cybera, Alberta’s not-for-profit technology accelerator, is looking for a System Administrator to join the team in the Calgary office. You will have the opportunity to join our team working on a variety of cloud-based systems. From maintaining and operating an Infrastructure as a Service cloud to creating tutorials and exploring how to make applications cloud independent and investigating solutions when to better look at how a system works. If you eat and breathe technology and are a team player that thrives in a fast-changing, multi-hat-wearing environment, please introduce yourself!
Some of the technologies you will work with and support include:
- Programming languages such as Python and Go
- Virtualization and container platforms such as KVM and LXD
- Monitoring and Metering tools such as Grafana, Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, and Prometheus
- Cloud Platforms such as OpenStack, AWS, and Azure
- Configuration Management Systems such as Puppet
- Maintaining and operating an OpenStack based Infrastructure as a Service Cloud
- Creating tutorials for users on leveraging public and private cloud environments
- Creating tutorials for users on multi-cloud or cloud independent architecture choices
- Reading, programming and modifying Python code
- Maintaining a system configured using Puppet – creating and modifying existing Puppet modules.
Must have skills and experience:
- At least 1 year professional system administration experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure tasks and projects are finished on time
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Interest in advanced computing technology and research
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Solid troubleshooting skills with both hardware and software
- Experience using Cloud based offerings
- Familiarity with architecting web applications
Compensation and Location:
Located at the University of Calgary Research Park, Calgary, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, tech-forward company that is helping Canada become a more equitable place to work, learn, and play! Flexible work times, great benefits, and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
How to Apply:
Apply in confidence by May 31, to Micheal Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating how your skill-set matches the position’s requirements. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Please include “Systems Administrator” in the email subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews and final selection may occur before the actual closing date. No phone calls please.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person. Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.