The organizers of the annual Cyber Summit are seeking dynamic and innovative speakers from the education, government, and entrepreneurial communities to submit proposals for presentation and/or workshop topics.
The Cyber Summit provides a unique opportunity to engage with like-minded technology leaders in Western Canada’s public and education spaces.
This year’s Summit theme is: Using Technology Responsibly.
We welcome submissions that cover the following subject areas and topics, as well as other suggestions you may have:
- What is privacy in relation to technology?
- How can businesses understand if they are violating privacy principles and legislation?
- What is open data?
- What are the potential implications of predictive analytics (e.g. healthcare, education)?
- What authority should government have to look at citizen's data?
- What is the balance between government protection and invasion of privacy?
- Data residency: is there flexibility in privacy legislation?
- Is privacy legislation lagging behind the technology?
Data and the Individual
- What is informed consent?
- How much of your online content do you still own?
- Who owns your data when you die?
- What is the dark web and how does it affect you?
- TOR: A tool for good or evil?
- Do you need Cyberinsurance?
- How should we shape emergency response technology?
Submit a Proposal to:
July 3, 2016
Applicants Notified of Acceptance:
August 15, 2016
Cyber Summit Dates:
October 27-28, 2016
Join the Conversation: