About Kananaskis Country
Spectacular mountain scenery and rugged terrain, coupled with a convenient location make Kananaskis an enchanting destination for travellers from around the globe. Situated only an hour's drive west of Calgary, Kananaski promises exciting outdoor adventure opportunities every season of the year, including mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding and white water rafting. It is home to Nakiska Ski Hill, the site of the 1988 Winter Olympic skiing competitions, and the Kananaskis Golf Course, which has been rated among the top courses in Canada for its unparalleled scenery.
For information on what to see and do, visit Travel Alberta's website.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
Located one-hour west of Calgary, the newly-renovated Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a one-of-a-kind mountain destination offering year-round activities and breathtaking views. This completely modern getaway is nestled amidst the pines, seamlessly blending luxury and mountain living. Rediscover excitement, bliss, and connection in their completely renovated retreat.
The Pomeroy Kananaskis Lodge is offering a discounted room rate for Summit attendees. Please click on the link to book your preferred room rate.
Directions to the Pomeroy Kananaskis Lodge
The nearest airport to Banff is the Calgary International Airport.
The drive from the Calgary International Airport to Kananskis takes approximately 75 minutes.
- Depart from airport and take Deerfoot Trail (Highway 2 North)
- Take the exit for Stoney Trail NW heading West, approximately 4 km after arriving on Deerfoot Trail. Signs should indicate it heads towards Banff and Highway 1.
- 23 km later you will have circumvented the city centre, take the exit for Trans-Canada Highway 1 West (Banff).
- Continue West approximately 70 km on the Trans-Canada Highway 1.
- Take exit 118 toward Kananaskis Country.
- Turn left and continue on Kananaskis Trail.
- Turn right onto Mt Allan Dr.
- Turn left onto Centennial Dr.
- The hotel lobbey is directly ahead.
Dining in the Pomeroy Kananaskis Lodge
There are five bars, restaurants and cafes on site at the Lodge: