On Tuesday, October 9th, Plug and Play Tech Center, in partnership with The Consulate General of Canada and Boast Capital, will launch Plug and Play Accelerator Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
Plug and Play Accelerator Canada is a six-month hybrid accelerator program, with three months in Calgary and three months in Silicon Valley, designed to connect new tech startups with the resources they need to build a successful company, through a combination of structured workshops, speaker series, mentorship sessions and active coaching.
Startups will get the following upon acceptance into program:
- Investment of U.S. $25,000.
- Network of over 180+ investors including Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital.
- Weekly mentorship sessions with the opportunity to hear from experienced Canadian and Silicon Valley investors, entrepreneurs and executives.
- Free office space at the Assembly Coworking Space in Calgary and at the Plug and Play Tech Center in Silicon Valley.
- Opportunity to pitch at the Spring 2013 Plug and Play Expo in Silicon Valley. Judges for the Fall 2012 Plug and Play Expo include VCs such as Andreessen Horowitz and Hummer Winblad, and media outlets such as TechCrunch, Forbes, Venture Beat and Scobleizer.
*Graduating companies are eligible for an additional three months of office space and mentorship in Silicon Valley through the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program run by the Consulate General of Canada.
Apply to pitch or register to attend the Launch Event in Calgary on October 9th, 2012