Advocating for a brighter tech future
There is currently a lack of high-quality, high-speed and affordable digital services across Canada. We are working to change this. Teaming up with government, education, and the private sector, Cybera is creating a community that champions vital networking and computing services and utilities for everyone, everywhere.
Update – Broadband Connectivity in Rural Canada
In April 2018, the Canadian Standing Committee on Industry, Science, and Technology presented its “Broadband Connectivity in Rural Canada: Overcoming the Digital Divide” to the House of Commons in order to make public their findings and recommendations from a study on broadband connectivity.
Cybera was one of several organizations that had testified to the committee, and is cited throughout the report.
The Committee acknolwedged that there is much work to be done to connect rural, remote, and Indigenous communities, and offers potential solutions. You can read the enitre report [here].
- Opinion: Why rural connectivity is an issue for EVERY Canadian (March 2018)
- New Canadian data mining tool analyzes how public submissions affect regulatory decisions (February 2018)
- The dream of connecting Canada’s north has taken a huge leap forward (August 2017)
- CRTC Declares Broadband Internet Access a Basic Telecommunications Service – How Communities Can Benefit (February 2017)
- See more…
- House of Commons Report on Broadband Connectivity In Rural Canada (April 2018)
- CRTC Ruling on the Future of Broadband (December 2016)
- State of Alberta’s Digital Landscape Report (Updated September 2016)