Securing Alberta’s vital research and business ideas
Cybera has always worked to ensure its cloud and networking services are as secure as possible, but now, we are amplifying these efforts.
As well as the initiatives listed below, we are committed to:
- Exploring open-source cybersecurity solutions for Cybera's network and services.
- Working with government and post-secondaries in Alberta to build shared cybersecurity frameworks and initiatives.
- Increasing the maturity of Alberta education facilities' security posture, creating a minimum defense layer across the province.
- Continuing to develop our in-house expertise.
Virtual Firewall Service
- The Virtual Firewall Service alleviates the cost and time-consuming issue of hosting and maintaining firewall equipment by offering a virtual alternative.
- More info
Security Information and Event Management
- Canada’s 13 provincial, territorial and federal partners in the National Research and Education Network (NREN) are collaborating on a new security platform to coordinate protection of this critical infrastructure.
- More info
Shared Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Post-secondary institutions in Alberta are sharing the use of a single CISO to aid in the design and implementation of their security programs.
- This initiative has been operated by Cybera since March 2019.