Leverage your business’s data
Data science is a big buzzword right now. But beyond the hype, what does it really mean, and how does it impact Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses?
As the modern digital economy continues to evolve, Alberta businesses that embrace and harness data science concepts and tools — including machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data analytics — will have a strong competitive advantage.
This can sound like a daunting task but you don't have to go it alone.
Cybera’s Data Science for Albertans project provides Alberta entrepreneurs, business and social enterprises with training and access to data science expertise. You will learn methodologies for leveraging your organization's data, and also the difference between data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, and what tools you should be focusing on.
Free services available to Alberta businesses, social innovators and startups:
- Introductory and advanced workshops on data science tools and methodologies
- Data science tools (such as Jupyter and RStudio)
- Consultations on data science projects
- Industry fellowship program (to run August 2019)
Workshops & Presentations
Experts from Cybera are scheduling workshops across Alberta to show entrepreneurs how data science and analytical thinking can be incorporated into their business planning.
Consultations and Fellowship Program
- Juypter is a web-based tool that allows users to create documents containing live code and narrative text – ideal for data science analyses. Visit the Jupyter Hub here.
- R is one of the most common coding languages used for data science. Follow these quick steps for deploying your own cloud-hosted RStudio environment.
Need more information?
For more information on the workshops or project, please contact us using the form below: