Alberta educators are under pressure to improve their IT capabilities, on reduced budgets.
ShareIT is an Alberta IT procurement service. It leverages shared experiences, knowledge and economies of scope and scale to provide Cybera’s education-sector members with IT hardware and services — all at a lower cost.
ShareIT's Guiding Principles:
- Make services available that would normally be out of reach to smaller organizations
- Reduce service management duplication across organizations
- Create economies of scale
- Increase Alberta educators' negotiation power by pooling purchase needs
- Utilize existing capacity within the education system
- Operate on an opt-in, opt-out model, on a per-service basis
ShareIT was formed in 2017 by 19 post-secondary institutions, and facilitated by Cybera. Alberta K-12 institutions are also welcome to join and become a consumer of any existing service agreement.
View the current ShareIT tracking metrics
(Includes member sector breakdown, and accumulated savings to date)
*Once ShareIT has been further established, opportunities to expand its membership to other sectors will be explored.