Community Engagement Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Cybera, Alberta’s not-for-profit technology accelerator, is looking for a Community Engagement Specialist to join our Calgary team.
We are looking for an outgoing, creative, and adaptable communications expert to lead the promotions of our free digital training and consultation services to Albertans, as well as support Cybera’s communications team with other external activities. This person will actively foster relationships with external communities within Alberta, and will lead presentations at industry events. He or she will also play a role in developing and implementing communications strategies that will help this project achieve its strategic deliverables.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to engage participants in a new data science industry fellowship program.
- Produce communications materials, including blog and website updates, e-mail marketing campaigns, and press releases.
- Lead presentations and/or introductions to external groups.
- Promote events and engage industry and the community in order to find interested participants.
- Assist with the planning of engagement activities, including hackathons or workshops.
- Interact with a wide range of external and internal individuals and organizations.
- Remain up-to-date with trends and solutions in the data science / analytics space.
- Assist the communications team with other events and projects as required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Must have skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent) with training in communications, marketing, public relations.
- At least two years’ experience in a communications position with changing priorities and demands.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven time-management and organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently, managing your own time in addition to being a team-player.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to produce communications for a range of traditional and digital media platforms, with attention to detail.
- Current social media skills, and ability to develop compelling online content.
- Must be comfortable working in a Google / Mac-based environment (i.e. Gmail/calendar/hangout/drive/etc).
- Must be willing to travel within Alberta.
- Finally, we are looking for someone who identifies with Cybera’s public service mission and will compliment the culture of the organization.
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Keen audience insights and knowledge related to changing technologies and innovations.
- Previous experience with media relations.
- Experience with WordPress and email marketing programs is an asset.
Compensation and Location:
Located at the University of Calgary Research Park, Calgary, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, tech-forward company that is helping Canada become a more equitable place to work, learn, and play! Flexible work times, great benefits, and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
How to Apply:
Apply in confidence by May 31, to Meagan Hampel at (email@example.com). Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating how your skill-set matches the position’s requirements. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Please include “Community Engagement Specialist” in the email subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews and final selection may occur before the actual closing date. No phone calls please.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person. Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.