Security Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Cybera is looking for a security project manager to join the team in Calgary. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with strong core skills in project management who is adept at working with virtual teams.
The Project Manager will work closely with Alberta’s Post-Secondary institutions to to develop collaborative synergies to improve security posture through shared resources, cost avoidance and knowledge sharing. The individual will be responsible for managing a diverse array of projects as well as relationships with external stakeholders. The workload is highly dynamic and consequently, the project manager must possess great flexibility and be able to meet tight deadlines under short notice. If you eat and breathe technology and are a team player that thrives in a fast-changing, multi-hat-wearing environment, please introduce yourself!
Must have skills and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience as a project manager
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively interact with internal departments, governments, funders, and project sponsors and partners
- Proven results oriented project manager with experience managing projects from initiation to closure
- Must be able to demonstrate from past experience the ability to handle all phases of the project life cycle including working with cross-functional, multi-project team resources to ensure business processes and technical solutions are successfully delivered on time and on budget
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience preparing reports with analyzed metrics for funding agencies and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision making skills
- A strong affinity for technology and learning new technology quickly
- Possess a reputation for resourcefulness
- Strong sense of accountability, transparency and initiative
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experienced with project and funding proposal writing
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Experience as a product owner on an Agile team
- PMP certification or in progress
Compensation and Location:
Located at the University of Calgary Research Park, Calgary, Alberta, or in our Jasper Avenue office, Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, tech-forward company that is helping Canada become a more equitable place to work, learn, and play! Flexible work times, great benefits, and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
How to Apply:
Apply in confidence by May 31, to email@example.com. Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating how your skill-set matches the position’s requirements. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Please include “Security Project Manager" in the email subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews and final selection may occur before the actual closing date. No phone calls please.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person. Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.