Senior Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full-time, limited term position, with the possibility for extension
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Closing Date: August 31, 2019
Are you interested in applying your technology skills for the public good? We are looking for a smart, passionate, and purpose-driven individual to join our team. Cybera is a not-for-profit agency whose mission is to improve the lives of Albertans through the use and advancement of technology, digital literacy and digital best practices. We serve the province’s education, enterprise, research and government sectors.
Cybera, Alberta’s not-for-profit technology accelerator, is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team Edmonton. You will have the opportunity to design, build, and maintain Infrastructure as a Service clouds and Data Science infrastructure, as well as immerse yourself in modern Systems Administration and DevOps tools and methodologies.
Some of the technologies you will work with and support include:
- Programming languages such as Python and Go
- Virtualization and container platforms such as KVM and LXD
- Monitoring and metering such as Nagios and InfluxDB
- Relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Cloud platforms such as OpenStack and AWS
- Configuration Management Systems such as Puppet and Ansible
Must have skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years Linux systems administration in a production capacity
- Solid troubleshooting skills with both hardware and software
- Proficient in at least one scripting and programming language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure tasks and projects are finished on time
- Act as a mentor to other team members
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Interest in advanced computing technology and research
Compensation and Location:
Located in downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, forward-thinking company that is working to make Alberta a leader in innovation, disruption, and the ethical use of new technologies. Flexible work times, great benefits and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
How to Apply:
Apply in confidence by August 31st, to Joe Topjian at email@example.com. Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating how your skill-set matches the position’s requirements. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include “Senior Systems Administrator” in the email subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews and final selection may occur before the actual closing date. No phone calls please.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.