Job Type: Full-time, Limited Term Position, with the possibility for extension.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: September 30, 2019
Are you interested in applying your technology skills for the public good? We are looking for a smart, passionate, and purpose-driven individual to join our team. Cybera is a not-for-profit agency whose mission is to improve the lives of Albertans through the use and advancement of technology, digital literacy and digital best practices. We serve the province’s education, enterprise, research and government sectors.
Cybera, Alberta’s not-for-profit technology accelerator, is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the Calgary team. You will have the opportunity to design, build, and maintain Data Science and Educational infrastructure, as well as immerse yourself in modern Systems Administration and DevOps tools and methodologies.
Some of the technologies you will work with and support include:
- Hosting production services written in Python and Go
- Monitoring and metering services such as Prometheus and InfluxDB
- Database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Configuration Management Systems such as Puppet and Ansible
- IaaS and Container technologies such as OpenStack and Docker.
Must have skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years Linux systems administration in a production capacity
- Solid troubleshooting skills with both hardware and software
- Proficient in at least one scripting and programming language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure tasks and projects are finished on time
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Interest in advanced computing technology and research
Compensation and Location:
Located in Calgary, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No relocation costs will be awarded.
This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, forward-thinking company that is working to make Alberta a leader in innovation, disruption, and the ethical use of new technologies. Flexible work times, great benefits and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
How to Apply:
Apply in confidence by September 31st, to Joe Topjian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating how your skill-set matches the position’s requirements. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include “Systems Administrator” in the email subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Interviews and final selection may occur before the actual closing date.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.