Cybera’s Data Science Industry Fellowships will help aspiring data scientists gain valuable industry experience by working on a company-specific challenge.
This programs has been funded by the Government of Alberta, and operated in collaboration with the Pacific Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
How does the fellowship work?
Teams of early-career data scientists will work with mentors and subject matter experts from industry partners over a month long fellowship. Together, they will build a data product prototype to tackle a real-world problem experienced by the industry partner.
Data Science Fellow Eligibility
Cybera is seeking data scientists from a range of backgrounds, including:
- Post-doctoral fellows looking to enter the data science industry
- Individuals looking to re-skill or up-skill
- Graduate students looking for industry experience
You can apply for this program if you:
- Possess strong data science foundations (e.g. a background or proven understanding of programming, machine learning, statistics, etc)
- Are looking for industry experience
Industry Partner Eligibility
Cybera is seeking companies that have an industry problem to work on, including:
- Startups or entrepreneurs
- Small to medium-sized companies looking to start their first data science project
- (See an example of a company that has worked with Cybera’s data science team)
Your company can apply for this program if you:
- Are based in Alberta
- Are facing a data science challenge
- Are lacking in-house data science capacity
Applications for the present program are closed. If you’re interested in participating in future fellowships as either a fellow or an industry partner, please complete the Future Fellowship Consideration Form. Make sure to sign up to our mailing list to stay up-to-date on the Data Science for Albertans program.