Provides greater insights into network activity (without eating up precious time or budgets)
Miridor (meer·id·or) is an intrusion detection system that gives Cybera’s connected members a simple, but detailed, overview of potential indicators of compromise on their network, to improve their overall security posture.
How does it work?
- Miridor “mirrors” the network traffic of participating members at Cybera’s core router locations.
- The mirrored traffic is analyzed for known suspicious or malicious activity.
- The identified suspicious activity is catalogued in a customized, web-based database that can be reviewed by the member.
- No configuration or setup is required.
Benefits of Miridor for Cybera members
- Gain insight into your traffic without needing to deploy extra equipment.
- Receive an easy-to-consume summary of the malicious activity analysis.
- Data is freely exportable for further investigations or reporting.
Examples of “suspicious” activity Miridor looks for:
- Malicious or malformed traffic.
- Traffic attempting to exploit vulnerabilities.
- Traffic from known botnets and other threat sources.
Cost to Join
|XS||1 - 999||$2,400 / yr|
|Small||1,000 - 1,999||$4,800 / yr|
|Medium||2,000 - 7,999||$7,200 / yr|
|Large||8,000 - 29,999||$8,400 / yr|
|XL||30,000 and above||$9,600 / yr|
Miridor and the national Cybersecurity Initiatives Program
Miridor was created to serve member organizations that are not eligible for the CANARIE-funded Cybersecurity Initiatives Program (CIP). The CIP, which includes an Intrusion Detection System, is geared towards post-secondary institutions connected to the National Research & Education Network.
Smaller post-secondary institutions (that are eligible for CIP) may still choose to implement both services.
How Miridor compares to the CIP intrusion detection system:
|Cybera Miridor||CANARIE-funded CIP|
|Only available to post-secondary institutions connected to the R&E Network|
|Cloud-based service (no user hardware)|
|No installation, configuration, or maintenance|
|Monitors ONLY Cybera network traffic|
|Accessible via web portal|
|Monitors both Cybera network and non-Cybera network traffic|
|Requires installation, configuration and maintenance|