AccelerateAB is an annual two-day celebration of entrepreneurship and tech startups in Alberta. Programming focuses on helping bold entrepreneurs set high growth trajectory, gain traction, and build momentum as they go from startup to scale.
Produced in partnership with the C100, A100, VCAA and Startup Edmonton, AccelerateAB brings world-class entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and thought leaders from around the world to share their experience and insights.
Speakers: World-class entrepreneurs, innovators, inventors & thought leaders
- Lars Lofgren – Growth Manager, KISSmetrics & Metrics + Growth Hacking Masterclass: driving repeatable and scalable growth; growing your returning users.
- Harley Finkelstein ' Chief Platform Officer, Shopify & Keynote: Growing from Startup to Scale; the story of how Shopify became a billion dollar company
- Satish Kanwar ' Director, Shopify; Co-Founder, Jet Cooper & Early product development and design; user experience design; getting to minimum viable product
- Track 1 Programming – Startups: Sessions aimed at existing, early stage startups who are working through product/market validation, customer development, and seed funding.
- Track 2 Programming – Rampup: Deep dive sessions aimed at funded, growing companies with traction looking to scale, grow revenue, hire, and raise their next round of funding.
More speakers and sessions will be confirmed in the coming weeks, focused on topics such as Growing Your Team, Development at Scale, and Investing in Growth Companies.
Location & Venues
Startup Edmonton (Day 1): Startup Edmonton has transformed 14,000 square feet of a historic downtown warehouse into the city's top startup and creative hub.
University of Alberta (Day 2): More than 39,500 students from across Canada and 152 other countries study at the University of Alberta. The U of A is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world in the fields of engineering, technology, and computer sciences, making it a key driver in the development of startup-ready talent.
After Party – The after party for the event will be held at the Bower/Red Star Tavern. Purchasing a ticket will give you access to the event and drinks.
Tickets are availabe for the main day (day 2) of the conference taking place on May 1 at the University of Alberta. Day 1 participation is through application only.