A web mapping system that provides the most geographically accurate source of Arctic data.
Canada's far north is subject to numerous surveys, studies and reports looking at its fragile landscape, wildlife, weather, and the impact of climate change. Searching through this information for a specific piece of data can be time-consuming and frustrating.
ArcticConnect brings together valuable Arctic research and sensor data, publications, photographs and even artwork, to be accessed from a single, online user portal. This solution provides:
- A single online resource for sharing natural and cultural Arctic data
- A geographically accurate source of environmental data through a user-friendly interface
- A publicly available app that enables anyone to upload and share their environmental monitoring information
How This Project Affects You:
Access to accurate, easy-to-understand and easy-to-use data will help citizens and policy makers make the most informed decision possible for the long term future and sustainability of the Arctic.
- Arcitc Institute of North America
- University of Calgary, Department of Geomatics Engineering
- CANARIE (major funder)
- Cybera (project manager)