All of Alberta’s research universities and many post-secondary institutions and school districts, technology companies and organizations in Alberta’s start-up culture have joined Cybera and are using the ultra high-speed network to support their research initiatives and Cybera’s shared IT services to bring their costs down.
Learn more about Cybera membership with our information guide.
Why join Cybera?
Public institutions can:
- Connect to CyberaNet and gain high-bandwidth access to educational materials and link to the international system of research networks
- Use Cybera’s Peering Service to connect directly to major content providers on the web, removing, on average, 60% of their traffic from a commercial internet connection
- Access Cybera’s Internet Buying Group for commercial traffic
- Use Cybera’s cloud computing expertise and shared IT services
- Attend Cybera’s advanced technology workshops and knowledge-exchange events
Interested in becoming a member? Contact Cybera's membership team