Cybera puts its members in touch with the world.
All of Alberta’s research universities and many post-secondary institutions and school districts, technology companies and organizations in Alberta’s start-up culture have joined Cybera and are using the ultra high-speed network to support their research initiatives and Cybera’s shared IT services to bring their costs down.
Why join Cybera?
Public institutions can:
- Connect to CyberaNet and gain high-bandwidth access to educational materials and link to the international system of research networks
- Use Cybera’s Peering Service to connect directly to major content providers on the web, removing, on average, 60% of their traffic from a commercial internet connection
- Access Cybera’s Internet Buying Group for commercial traffic
- Use Cybera’s cloud computing expertise and shared IT services
- Attend Cybera’s advanced technology workshops and knowledge-exchange events
Interested in becoming a member? Contact Cybera's membership team