Advocating for a brighter tech future
There is currently a lack of high-quality, high-speed and affordable digital services across Canada. We are working to change this. Teaming up with government, education, and the private sector, Cybera is creating a community that champions vital networking and computing services and utilities for everyone, everywhere.
Update — Cybera's Case To The Telecommunications Legislative Review
In January 2019, Cybera submitted a brief to the federal government’s Broadcasting and Telecommunications Legislative Review panel. The panel has been tasked with reviewing Canada’s communication legislative framework in the digital age, focusing on issues of content creation, net neutrality and cultural diversity, and how to strengthen the future of Canadian media
The Committee acknolwedged that there is much work to be done to connect rural, remote, and Indigenous communities, and offers potential solutions. You can read Cybera's submitted report [here].
- Cybera's response to CRTC Telecommunications Procedural Letter; PIAC's applications for costs arising from CRTC 2017-450
- Cybera's Case To The Telecommunications Legislative Review (January 2019)
- Cybera's Chief Operating Officer Selected To Sit On Alberta's Talent Advisory Council On Technology (August 2018)
- Testing The Gaps In First Nations' Internet Access (June 2018)
- See more…
- House of Commons Report on Broadband Connectivity In Rural Canada (April 2018)
- CRTC Ruling on the Future of Broadband (December 2016)
- State of Alberta’s Digital Landscape Report (Updated September 2016)