Cybera frequently advocates for improvements to the quality and availability of digital services in Canada.
There is currently a lack of high-quality, high-speed and affordable digital services across Canada. We are working to change this. Teaming up with government, education, and the private sector, Cybera is creating a community that champions vital networking and computing services and utilities for everyone, everywhere.
Examples of Cybera’s Advocacy Efforts
- The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition.
- Advising the provincial government on its long-term information and communication technology infrastructure plans.
- Participating in federal proceedings on the future of broadband connectivity in Canada.
- Advising communities as they build their broadband policy frameworks.
- Participating in community network pilots.
- Delivering presentations on digital literacy and access.
- Championing shared services, network expansions, IPv6, and internet efficiencies at a local and international level.
- Participating in international coalitions on internet governance.