ShareIT - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
ESTI Consulting Services
Signed in April 2022, Cybera has a three-year contract with ESTI for virtual desktop infrastructure. This contract is open to all ShareIT members.
ESTI provides options for members to provision Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for their staff and students.
There are three main types of VDI under this agreement:
1. On-Prem VDI: ESTI provides the hardware, software and (if required) the services to provision and support VDI in a data centre or co-location facility used by the ShareIT member. This may include integration with existing infrastructure, including network, backup, Active Directory and related technologies.
2. Cloud VDI: ESTI offers VDI infrastructure for members, delivered using a cloud model. In particular, ESTI provides all hosting, services and support of this service and charges ShareIT members based on actual usage.
3. Hybrid VDI: A combination of On-Prem and Cloud VDI, Hybrid allows ShareIT members to have a base of on-prem hardware and expand to the cloud as needed for any reason including capability (e.g. GPU) or capacity.
Additionally, ESTI offers high-level IT Infrastructure architectural assessments to Share-IT members to begin their VDI journey.
Founded in 1989, ESTI has been building on the same management group for over 30 years. ESTI began with offering professional services and software development, but now offers industry specific professional services, custom application and database development, integration services, data migration services a full complement of infrastructure services including physical, virtual and cloud based.
Signed in June 2022, Cybera has a three-year contract with Insight for virtual desktop infrastructure. This contract is open to all ShareIT members.
Insight Canada can provide the following VDI solutions to ShareIT Members based on their IT infrastructure preference:
- On Prem Solution –VDI Hypervisor Software/Solutions (VMware Horizon or Citrix DaaS) and Hyperconverged Infrastructure (Dell VxRail)
- Hybrid Solution - VDI Hypervisor Software/Solutions (VMware Horizon or Citrix DaaS) and Cloud Infrastructure (Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop)
- Cloud Solution - Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD)*
*Ability to enhance Microsoft AVD in the Cloud with VDI Hypervisor Software/Solutions (VMware Horizon or Citrix DaaS)
Insight can also provide these Professional Services to assist with the implementation of these VDI Solutions:
- design and roadmaps
- managed services
Insight Enterprises, Inc. is a Fortune 500 solutions integrator helping organizations accelerate their digital journey to modern business and maximize the value of technology. Insight’s technical expertise spans cloud and edge-based transformation solutions, with global scale and optimization built on 33+ years of deep partnerships with the world’s leading and emerging technology providers.
Insight, with a national Canadian presence, has successfully delivered solutions to clients for over 30 years, including many Educational Institutions across Alberta and Canada. Insight Canada ranks number three on the Channel Daily News (CDN) Top 100 Solution Providers list.