This is your opportunity to work for a flexible, tech-forward company that is helping Canada become a more equitable place to work, learn, and play! Flexible work times, 35-hour work week, great benefits, and the opportunity to develop and foster your own projects make for a fantastic working environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.
While we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Career Opportunities in the National Research and Education Network
Together with our 13 provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). If you don’t find the right opportunity with us, check out these opportunities with our friends at NREN Partner organizations across Canada.
|NREN Partner Organization||Career Opportunities||HQ Location|
|CANARIE||CANARIE Careers||Ottawa, ON|
|British Columbia: BCNET||BCNET Careers||Vancouver, BC|
|Manitoba: MRNet||MRNet Contact Us||Winnipeg, MB|
|Saskatchewan: SRNet||SRNet Careers||Saskatoon, SK|
|PEI / New Brunswick: ECN-PEI||ECN-PEI Main Site||Charlottetown, PEI
|Newfoundland: ACORN-NL||ACORN-NL Contact Us||St. John's, NL|
|Nova Scotia: ACORN-NS||ACORN-NS Contact Us||Halifax, NS|
|Québec: RISQ||RISQ Carrières||Montreal, QC|
|Ontario: ORION||ORION Careers||Toronto, ON|
|Yukon: Yukon University||Yukon University Employment||Whitehorse, YK|
Why work at Cybera?
Unique: Cybera is the only Alberta not-for-profit organization that can support the network and digital requirements for Alberta’s research and education in an unbiased environment.
Open: We’re big fans of open source technologies, and encourage a free exchange of knowledge and ideas that benefit our members. Our staff are also involved in shaping the vision of what Cybera can become, and how we can achieve that vision.
Supported: Managers and staff operate in a culture of mutual respect, openness, and collaboration. For the company to succeed, it is vital for our staff to have the tools and environment to succeed.
Community: By joining Cybera, you are joining a global community that supports research, education and innovation. You will also be developing and supporting projects and services that are helping schools, startups, non-profits, and rural and First Nations communities.
Learn: Staff are encouraged to gain new knowledge and insights not only through funded professional development and training, but also through staff mentorship programs, as well as collaborations with our partner organizations around the globe.
Other benefits of working at Cybera
- Flexible work times
- Choose where you work - home or office. (With that said, our teams aim to work from the office at least once per month, to ensure we’re staying close and functioning well)
- 35-hour work weeks, except in July and August, when we work 32-hour work weeks and have every Friday off
- Health & Vision benefits from day 1
- Long & Short term disability benefits from day 1
- Flexible Health Spending Account (after successful probation)
- $1,500+ annually for your professional development
- Regular Lunch & Learns - from department updates to EDI topics
- Internal Mentorship program
- Matching RRSP program (after successful probation)
- Healthy snacks in the office - and sometimes unhealthy snacks
- 5 days per year to use for sick time or mental health days
- Days off:
- 1 moving day
- ½ day off in the summer (typically for Stampede or K-Days)
- Week between Christmas and New Years
- 3 additional non-stat holidays (Heritage Day, Boxing Day, Truth & Reconciliation Day)
- 1 paid day per year to volunteer - we turn this into a team building event
- 5-day bereavement leave (covers the loss of a loved one or a beloved pet)
- 1 paid month after your 10th-year anniversary