Cybera is leading ground-breaking services that are changing the way education works. One of these services is called ShareIT, a collaborative IT procurement service for Alberta's higher education sector.
ShareIT is a national award-winning program that leverages shared experiences, knowledge and economies of scope and scale to provide Alberta higher education with IT hardware and services, all at a lower cost. Cybera’s role is to manage and facilitate this program.
We are seeking an outgoing project lead/business analyst with strong facilitation skills to support ShareIT. The Project Lead/Program Coordinator will work closely with the ShareIT Manager to manage multiple shared IT procurement initiatives. In addition, this person will also be responsible for project coordination duties.
He or she will actively foster relationships with external stakeholders, and manage and facilitate technical and procurement working groups to define scope of work, market analysis, deliverables, technical and business requirements, value add, and evaluation criteria. There will also be a heavy emphasis on vendor management and client service management.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and have excellent communication, analytical, research, problem-solving, and planning skills. Ideally, he or she will have experience with change management, time management, and team building.
This is your opportunity to work for a dynamic, tech-forward company with flexible work hours.
A PDF of this position description can be found here.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Project Lead Responsibilities
Lead and manage shared procurement initiatives, from opportunity identification through to contracting
- Establish a working group of technical subject matter experts from Alberta post-secondary institutions
- Facilitate and document scope of work, business objectives, and deliverables of IT procurement initiatives
- Manage and facilitate working group meetings for the service design and development, and evaluation phases of the procurement cycle
Provide weekly project updating, status reporting, issue resolutions, etc
- Conduct market, cost benefit and risk analyses
- Identify industry trends in areas of IT hardware, licensing, software, and services
- Develop clear project scope of work, requirement-gathering approaches and templates
- Facilitate the prioritization and selection of technical and business requirements
- Conduct cost benefit and risk analyses
- Regularly communicate with both the ShareIT Steering Committee and Procurement Committee
- Assist Program Manager in overseeing vendor and client services management
- Work closely with the Program Manager to ensure the initiative is on track regarding time, scope, and budget constraints
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
- Administer Confluence, ShareIT’s collaborative software tool
- Schedule and manage vendor and member reporting and meetings
- Assist in developing and overseeing ShareIT library templates, policies, processes and procedures
- Meeting scheduling, set up, and minutes taking
- Resource tracking and management
- Assist in development of stakeholder and external presentations
- Assist in promoting the ShareIT program at work events, conferences, and member sites
- Other duties as required
The ShareIT Project Lead/Coordinator Requires:
- Post-secondary education in business analysis, project management, communications, or equivalent
- Two years experience working in projects, preferably IT or procurement related
- Experience working with stakeholders on complex business and technical needs
- Experience preparing and delivering a variety of communication products/documentation e.g. presentations, progress/performance reports, briefing material, etc.
- Ability to effectively work with technical subject matter experts to incorporate their deep technical expertise in project initiatives
- Proven, exceptional facilitation skills – preferably in a remote setting
- Strong writing and general communications skills
- Proven time-management and organizations skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact and deal effectively with key stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to travel within the province of Alberta
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the public education and/or higher education sector
- Working knowledge of public competitive procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in enterprise licensing agreements is an asset
- Experience with Mac computers and Google (G-Suite) environment or similar collaborative tools
- Experience using video conferencing tools and equipment
- Troubleshooting of IT / computer issues
The workload is highly dynamic and, consequently, the individual must possess great flexibility and the ability to meet tight deadlines under short notice. If you are a team player that thrives in a fast-changing, multi-hat-wearing environment, please introduce yourself!
How To Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter with your thoughts on why you would be a great addition to our team to Mary Friedrich, ShareIT Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No relocation costs will be offered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.