CIRA Domain Name System Protection
Cybera has partnered with the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to offer Alberta's public and education communities improved Domain Name System (DNS) protection and performance. The D-Zone Anycast DNS is useful for larger public and education institutions in Alberta that run their own .ca domain, and are at risk of Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks.
What does D-Zone Anycast provide?
- High Reliability: D-Zone eliminates the single point of failure. DNS queries are automatically routed around server failures or network outages.
- High Performance: D-Zone servers are located close to major internet hubs, reducing latency and improving performance.
- Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) mitigation: Global servers absorb DDoS attacks and mitigate the impact on Canadian users.
D-Zone DNS Firewall
As part of the Cybersecurity Initiatives Program (CIP), CANARIE is working with its NREN partners to promote the first made-in-Canada, DNS-based firewall solution: CIRA's D-Zone DNS Firewall. Through this program, over 200 eligible organizations will receive funding for implementation, support, and training for the firewall.
What does D-Zone DNS Firewall provide?
- Blocks communications that contain malicious code.
- Blocks malicious software from reaching host servers.
- Continuously updating as new threats are detected using advanced data analysis of internet queries.
In addition, the D-Zone DNS Firewall provides advanced content filtering capabilities (by content type and time of day).