Monday, October 28
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Accelerating with Azure – Everything you always wanted to know about Azure (but were afraid to ask)
In this fast-paced session, you'll get a best practices jumpstart into Azure – whether you've previously deployed services or are just getting started. Join Microsoft and the Azure specialists from IX Solutions to hear about new services and the latest innovations to help you get even more out of Azure.
We'll cap off the day with a panel session featuring two great local Azure projects at NAIT and Wild Rose School Division. Bring your questions, you'll have all the right experts on-board.
- With a focus on Billing and Subscriptions
Laying a Strong Foundation
- Resource Groups, VNETs, Storage, Virtual Machines
- Hybrid connectivity and networking setup
- Naming Standards and Best Practices
- Cost Management + Billing
Education Specific Scenarios
- IaaS VMs and how to lower costs
- Azure Migrate – what’s new?
- Azure Site Recovery/Azure Backup
- Azure File Sync
- Azure Sentinel
- Windows Virtual Desktops
Panel discussion – Azure in the Real World with NAIT and Wild Rose School Division
- There’s no better way to chart your path to Azure than learning from other customers. As you embark on your journey with Azure, this session will allow you to draw on the experience of two very different Azure deployments. Daryl Allenby and Loren Bain from NAIT and Jaymon Lefebvre and Scott Hetherington from the Wild Rose School Division will share the services that made a difference, what it took to enable change and innovation, and the lasting impact of their results. There will be plenty of time for Q&A and open discussion – this is your opportunity to get real world answers to real world challenges!”
Workshop registration is separate from the Cyber Summit registration
Rob Burzese is the National Azure Lead for Education at Microsoft Canada. In this role, he is responsible for working with colleges, universities and school districts across the country to help them plan and deploy Microsoft Azure service offerings for use by students, faculty and staff members. Rob helps the Education community in transforming their business applications to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Prior to joining Microsoft, Rob worked at Cisco Systems Canada with roles in Data Center Sales and Engineering, and Enterprise Account Management and Sales.