A way to instantly access the internet when visiting another campus
Education roaming (eduroam) is a secure, world-wide roaming access service. Students, researchers and staff from participating institutions can get internet connectivity when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
What does eduroam provide?
- Staff and students at participating institutions can automatically access the internet when visiting partner organizations (in 74 countries around the world).
- In Canada, eduroam is available through CANARIE.
- See the map of participating institutions.
How can Cybera get you started on eduroam?
- Cybera will provide technical assistance to members looking to connect to eduroam.
- If you are interested in joining eduroam:
- You will need to join the Canadian Access Federation. Click here to see if your organization is eligible to join.
- If you are eligible, submit an application to CANARIE.
- Review the eduroam Getting Started Guide.