Threat Feed for Education
A threat intelligence feed platform that allows schools to configure their network protection devices against the latest cybersecurity threats
Threat Feed is a service facilitated by the Canadian Shared Security Operations Centre (CanSSOC) that delivers sector-specific threat intelligence to schools.
The platform aggregates and curates threat intelligence from government entities, commercial threat intel providers, member institutions, and the open-source community.
These feeds can be deployed into organizations’ existing security appliances — such as firewalls — for activities such as blocking malicious source IPs, domains, and URLs.
Benefits of Threat Feed for Education for Cybera members
- Gain access to a curated list of global malicious threats that can be applied to your school’s network protection devices.
- Service easily integrates into most next-generation firewalls.
- Reduce time and money spent on subscribing to general security feed services, or maintaining your own intel.
- Strengthen your security posture by receiving a feed that automatically blocks threats.
- Receive frequent updates, ensuring you have the latest information that is easy to consume and share.
The Threat Feed is a best-effort service managed by CanSSOC. Cybera can assist with the initial configuration of your network protection device to incorporate Threat Feed.
Once the configuration is done, your security team will handle the day-to-day operations and management.
Ongoing support is available from CanSSOC and Cybera.
Cost to Join
|Membership tiers||FTE/FLE||Threat Feed for Education|
|XS||1 - 999||$1,500 / yr|
|Small||1,000 - 1,999||$2,500 / yr|
|Medium||2,000 - 7,999||$5,500 / yr|
|Large||8,000 - 29,999||$7,000 / yr|
|XL||30,000 and above||$8,000 / yr|
How To Join
- This service is available to any Cybera-connected public education (K-12 or post-secondary) organization that is not eligible for the CANARIE-funded Cybersecurity Initiatives Program (check if your organization is a Cybera member).
- Participants must have a next-generation firewall (Palo Alto and Fortigate firewall products) or SIEM.
- Fill in the Expression of Interest form to get started.