IT Project Manager / Grant Writer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Cybera is looking for a project manager in Edmonton with grant writing experience to join the team. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with strong core skills in project management who is adept at working with virtual teams. The Project Manager will be responsible for seeking funding opportunities and taking the lead in proposal development. The individual will also be responsible for managing a diverse array of projects as well as relationships with external stakeholders. The workload is highly dynamic and consequently, the project manager must possess great flexibility and be able to meet tight deadlines under short notice. If you eat and breathe technology and are a team player that thrives in a fast-changing, multi-hat-wearing environment, please introduce yourself!
Must have Skills and Experience:
- Proven results oriented project manager with experience managing projects from initiation to closure
- Experienced with project and funding proposal writing
- Must be able to demonstrate from past experience the ability to handle all phases of the project life cycle including working with cross-functional, multi-project team resources to ensure business processes and technical solutions are successfully delivered on time and on budget
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively interact with internal departments, governments, funders, and project sponsors and partners
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience preparing reports with analyzed metrics for funding agencies and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision making skills
- A strong affinity for technology and learning new technology quickly
- Possess a reputation for resourcefulness
- Strong sense of accountability, transparency and initiative
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Forward-thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience as a project manager
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a product owner on an Agile team
- Understanding of data science
- PMP certification or in progress
How to Apply:
We welcome you to introduce yourself no later than May 31, 2019. Send a resume and cover letter with your thoughts on why you would be a great addition to our team to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No relocation costs will be awarded. No phone calls please.
Your resume may be kept on file if another job meets your qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income or family status of that person or of any other person.