Cybera’s Data Science Industry Fellowships will help aspiring data scientists gain valuable industry experience by working on a company-specific challenge.
This program is funded by the Government of Alberta, and operated in collaboration with the Pacific Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
How does the fellowship work?
The 30-day fellowships will run in August 2019 in Calgary and Edmonton.
Teams of early-career data scientists will work with mentors and subject matter experts from industry partners. Together, they will build a data product prototype to tackle a real-world problem experienced by the industry partner.
Data Science Fellow Eligibility
Cybera is seeking data scientists from a range of backgrounds, including:
- Post-doctoral fellows looking to enter the data science industry
- Individuals looking to re-skill or up-skill
- Graduate students looking for industry experience
You can apply for this program if you:
- Possess strong data science foundations (e.g. a background or proven understanding of programming, machine learning, statistics, etc)
- Are looking for industry experience
Industry Partner Eligibility
Cybera is seeking companies that have an industry problem to work on, including:
- Startups or entrepreneurs
- Small to medium-sized companies looking to start their first data science project
- (See an example of a company that has worked with Cybera’s data science team)
Your company can apply for this program if you:
- Are based in Alberta
- Are facing a data science challenge
- Are lacking in-house data science capacity
Applications for the August 2019 program are closed. If you're interested in participating in future fellowships as either a fellow or an industry partner, please complete the Future Fellowship Consideration Form. Make sure to sign up to our mailing list to stay up-to-date on the Data Science for Albertans program.